Wednesday 19 November 2008

Rub ons and Brayer


Been having a play. First I made use of the November offer and got myself some of the rub ons. Thought I have a go on a very cheapie frame for a family photo my son wants in his bedroom. Swimming at Discovery Cove in Florida was one of the best days of the holiday this year. The background paper is from the Designer Paper set Cutie Pie. The Rub Ons came off very easily and with the offer of spend £20 and then get 20 % off the rub ons, fab value at £3 a sheet.

Next I thought about the using the brayer. I haven't used it in years, so it was good to get familar again. I used three colours for the sky. Pretty in Pink, Basic Grey and Perfect Plum. I had to roll some of the Basic Grey off to get 2nd or 3rd generation ink as it was quite dark. I added a piece of Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon. Then I stamped Lovely as a Tree in black and stamped over it again in Versamark so I could add the Heat n Stick and Dazzling Diamonds. The verse is from the Level 1 Hostess set. I need to practise more but I loved the technique.

No comments: